Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 6 on Juice Fast! My Progress so far


[Forwarded from my personal blog: http://www.maddiethehijabi.blogspot.com]

I haven't blogged in a while. And I've been wanting to blog about my first juice fast experience :3. It's been 6 days so far. I was inspired by a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", which documented a man going through a 60 day juice fast. He had AMAZING results! And all the people that followed him too :3. I went out and bought a juicer the next day (Philips Hr1861, the Juice Master uses it a lot).

At first I intended to do it to detox. Cuz God knows I need to lol. Also to improve my PCOS and other ailments. But when I saw the weight drop off those people, I was supercharged with inspiration to do it to lose weight too!

I'm only doing this for 10 days only though, then I plan to slowly incorporate solids in my diet such as raw veggies and fruits, smoothes..etc. I'm currently collecting a bunch of yummy raw food recipes for my transition :3.

So let's recap :

Day 1: Went fairly easy, unexpectedly. I suppose fasting Ramadan and other days has helped increase my stamina and discipline when it comes to food, esp reduced hunger pangs. Weight: 70.5 kg.

Day 2: This is when the hunger pangs started kicking in much harder lol. Then I had intense food cravings and fantasizing about all kinds of bad foods like pizza, hamburgers and such. But to be honest, I craved eating an apple more lol. I missed solid food. I also experienced some weakness and sleepiness. But this is to be expected. Weight: 69 kg.

Day 3: Hunger pangs, cravings and weakness continued. I've read its normal to go like this, or literally feel like crap the first few days, so I held on. I didn't feel horrible, but just didn't feel great. Weight: 68.6 kg.

Day 4: Pretty much the same as the day before. Weight: 68.2 kg.

Day 5: I started feeling my energy coming back, even more than before! It was great. My cravings and hunger pangs have also disappeared. But I think the energy had something to do with having my first pure fruit juice the night before, which gave me insomnia cuz I didn't know what to do with that energy! I guess vegetable juices for a few days made my blood sugar a bit low. Or , I dunno. Actually, I realized something by then, that I hadn't been drinking ENOUGH. I was only drinking maybe three 5oz glasses a day. And I read that you need to drink between 16-32oz a day! So I upped my juice intake. However, I found out I didn't lose any weight due to two glasses of pure fruit juice (which was SUPER SWEET O.O) the night before. Weight: 68.1 kg.

Day 6 (today): I feel pretty good like yesterday :). Not weak or anything if I just have a glass of sugary fruit juice in the morning. It was very sweet too, a bit too much for my taste too lol. It was a combination of grapes, apples and orange. I usually drink green juices such as carrots, cucumber, celery, kiwi, broccoli, zucchini, ginger root, beets, lemon, with apples for mild sweetness. Of course I variate these ingredients. Weight: 67.7kg (I subtracted 200 grams for clothes, although I should subtract half a kg).

I'll keep you updated as I go! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who I Am

My photo
Egypt
I'm an Egyptian American 23 year old Muslim girl that loves to laugh and have fun and be creative :).

Followers

 

::HijabulousTV:: Styles, Trends & Tips by Madiha M.K Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada